Check out the best sublimation printer
Below we take a look at sublimation printers. Here are a few of the most popular products on the market.
1. Epson EcoTank ET-15000 Wireless Color All-in-One Supertank Printer with Scanner, Copier, Fax, Ethernet, and Printing up to 13×19 Inches
- Overall – 4.5/5 (1,000+ reviews)
- Easy to use – 4.5/5
- Touch screen – 4/5
- Print quality – 3.8/5
The EcoTank ET-15000 wireless all-in-one offers Cartridge-Free Printing with easy-to-fill supersized ink tanks. Save up to 90 percent on ink with low-cost replacement bottles — as little as 1 cent per color ISO page vs. 20 cents with ink cartridges (1). This all-in-one delivers vibrant prints up to 13″ x 19″ (through the rear-feed tray) and scans up to 8. 5″ x 14″ (via the ADF). Print for up to 2 years with each included or replacement ink bottle set (2) — each replacement set includes enough ink to print up to 6, 000 pages (3). That’s equivalent to about 80 individual cartridges (4). And, there’s zero cartridge waste. The ET-15000 features a 250-sheet front tray paper capacity and rear specialty paper feed, plus a 2. 7″ color touchscreen and hands-free voice-activated printing (5).
2. Epson EcoTank ET-2800 Wireless Color All-in-One Cartridge-Free Supertank Printer with Scan and Copy – The Ideal Basic Home Printer
- Overall – 4.4/5 (3,900 reviews)
- Value for money – 4/5
- Print quality – 3.9/5
- Touch screen – 3.7/5
We developed the EcoTank ET-2800 – an innovative cartridge-free solution that uses high-capacity, easily refillable ink tanks. So you’ll worry less about running out of ink, and save a lot on replacement ink. The ET-2800 features genuine Epson print quality, a high-resolution flatbed scanner, and a convenient color display – making it the ideal basic home printer.
3. Sawgrass UHD Virtuoso SG500 Sublimation Color Printer Starter Bundle with Inks, Sublimation Paper, Tape, Blanks, Designs and Access to Exclusive Content
- Overall – 4.2/5 (190+ reviews)
- Print quality – 2.8/5
- Touch screen – 2.9/5
- Value for money – 2.5/5
Create like never before with the new and improved Sawgrass Virtuoso SG500 HD Product Decorating System. Sawgrass Virtuoso systems are the industry’s first and only fully integrated desktop solution designed specifically for sublimation. The perfect printer for hobbyists or moonlighters, the SG500 fits comfortably on a desktop and prints media up to 8.5″ x 14″. Or expand the max media size to 8.5″ x 51″ with the bypass tray. The SG500 has been updated inside out from its predecessor, the SG400. The SG500 is backward-compatible with all SG400 accessories. Like all Sawgrass printers, the SG500 performs its own automatic maintenance cycle for trouble-free printing. Decorate a wide variety of products made from polyester fabrics or polymer-coated rigid media including Aluminum Panels and Inserts, Hardboard and Wood Plaques, Tile, Mugs, Acrylic, Glass, Slate, Polyester Fabric, and Reinforced Fiberglass Plastic. Textiles need to be 65%+ polyester, and can not sublimate onto dark fabrics. Make sure to use sublimation blanks when transferring to hard goods
4. Canon PIXMA TR4720 All-in-One Wireless Color Inkjet Printer, White – Print Copy Scan Fax – 2-Line LCD Display, 4800 x 1200 dpi, Auto 2-Side Printing, 20-Sheet ADF, DAODYANG Printer_Cable
- Overall – 3.8/5 (120 reviews)
- Print quality – 3.8/5
- Tech support – 2.8/5
- Touch screen – 2.1/5
Canon PIXMA TR4720 Wireless Inkjet Multifunction Printer – Compact, Versatile, Easy-to-Use. For all your work or home printing needs, the PIXMA TR4720 Wireless All-in-One Printer has you covered. Big on performance, the PIXMA TR4720 is a true 4-in-1 with the ability to print, copy, scan, and fax. With a variety of connectivity options, you’ll be able to do it all from your PC or mobile devices— plus, the PIXMA TR4720 is compatible with Canon apps for printing, scanning, creative projects, and more. Simple, productive office and home printing in a compact size— that’s the PIXMA TR4720.
5. Bools H-P DeskJet 275Series Wireless Color All-in-One Printer Connects with Wi-Fi & USB, and with A USB Printer Cable
- Overall – 4.1/5 (27 reviews)
- Print quality – 4/5
- Tech support – 3/5
This printer is equipped with dual-band Wi-Fi with self-reset. It includes a flatbed scanner, a 60-sheet rear input tray, and a 25-sheet output tray. HP Smart app is required for easy setup and mobile printing. It also features an LCD screen with buttons to control the device. Activate HP+ and get six months of Instant Ink and two years of HP warranty.
In modern printing technology, sublimation printers stand as a testament to innovation and creativity. These remarkable devices have revolutionized the world of digital printing, enabling the transfer of vibrant and high-quality images onto a variety of substrates with unparalleled precision. From personalized merchandise to stunning photographic prints, sublimation printers have found their way into countless industries and creative endeavors. In this article, we delve into the workings, applications, and advantages of sublimation printers, showcasing their significance in today’s visual-centric world.
Understanding sublimation printing
Sublimation printing, often referred to as dye-sublimation printing, is a process that involves the transformation of solid dye particles into a gas under the influence of heat and pressure. This gas then permeates the surface of a specially coated substrate, such as fabric, ceramics, metal, or even paper. Upon cooling, the dye reverts to a solid state, becoming a permanent part of the substrate. The result is a high-resolution, full-color image that seamlessly integrates with the material, offering durability, vividness, and longevity.
The inner workings of sublimation printers
At the heart of sublimation printing lies the sublimation printer itself, a sophisticated device equipped with specialized printheads, ink cartridges, and heating elements. The process typically involves the following steps:
- Image Design: The first step involves creating or selecting the image to be printed. This digital design is then prepared using graphic design software to ensure accurate color representation and quality.
- Printing: The prepared image is loaded into the sublimation printer, which utilizes specially formulated sublimation inks. The best sublimation printer will allow for all types of these inks. These inks consist of solid dye particles suspended in a liquid solution. The printer deposits the ink onto a transfer paper, which is designed to hold the dye temporarily.
- Transfer Process: The transfer paper is placed face-down onto the chosen substrate, and heat and pressure are applied through a heat press or calendar. As the transfer paper heats up, the solid dye particles transition into a gas and penetrate the surface of the substrate.
- Cooling and Solidification: Once the heat and pressure are removed, the substrate cools down, causing the dye gas to revert to its solid state. The dye becomes an integral part of the substrate, resulting in a vibrant and durable image.
Applications of sublimation printing
The versatility of sublimation printers has led to their widespread adoption in various industries:
- Apparel and Textiles: Sublimation printing is a popular choice for custom clothing, sportswear, and fabric-based products. The process allows for intricate designs with no tangible texture, making it comfortable to wear.
- Home Decor and Furnishings: Sublimation enables the creation of personalized home decor items such as cushions, blankets, curtains, and wall art, adding a unique touch to living spaces.
- Promotional Merchandise: Companies often utilize sublimation printing to create branded promotional products like mugs, keychains, and phone cases.
- Photographic Prints: Sublimation printers produce stunning photographic prints with exceptional color accuracy, making them a preferred choice for professional photographers.
- Signage and Banners: Sublimation-printed fabrics are used in large-format banners, flags, and signage due to their vibrant colors and durability.
Advantages and considerations
Sublimation printing offers several key advantages:
- Vivid and Durable: The images produced are sharp, vibrant, and resistant to fading, making them suitable for long-lasting applications.
- No Texture or Feel: Sublimation inks become part of the substrate, so there is no discernible texture on fabric or other surfaces.
- Full Color Range: Sublimation printers can reproduce a wide range of colors with precision and accuracy.
- Complex Designs: Sublimation allows for intricate and detailed designs, including gradients and photographic images.
However, it’s important to note that sublimation printing is best suited for materials with a special coating designed to receive the sublimated dye. Additionally, the process is most effective on polyester-based substrates, as the dye bonds more effectively with this material.
Sublimation printers have revolutionized the world of digital printing by offering a versatile, vibrant, and long-lasting solution for creating personalized and visually stunning products. The best sublimation printer is likely the one that fits your current needs. From apparel and home decor to promotional merchandise and photography, the applications of sublimation printing continue to grow. As technology advances, we can only anticipate further refinements and innovations in the world of sublimation printers, enriching our creative possibilities and enhancing the visual experiences we encounter in our daily lives.